DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants
Funding for this grant program was made possible by the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund (DCCRF), a component Pass Through Fund created in collaboration with various local funding partners. The purpose of the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund was to be a depository for contributions intended to respond to the effects of COVID-19 in DeKalb County by distributing grants that address preparedness, response, recovery, and/or rebuilding efforts. Together, as of August 2021, we have distributed $729,135 in assistance to organizations serving DeKalb County.
Nondiscrimination Policy - Grantmaking
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.
- Final Round 5 - August 2021 Recipients - $124,166 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Round 4 - April 2021 Recipients - $130,563 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Round 3 - January 2021 Recipients - $46,000 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Round 3 - December 2020 Recipients - $66,245 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Round 2 - June 2020 Recipients - $98,180 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Round 1 - April 2020 Recipients - $200,380 in DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants Awarded
- Grants in Action - DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants
Organizational Funding Partners
Local organizational funders have endorsed the creation of the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund and are committed to use their resources either independently or in partnership with the DCCRF to respond to needs in DeKalb County as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To date, these funders include the DeKalb County Community Foundation; DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP); Kishwaukee United Way; Douglas C. and Lynn M. Roberts Family Foundation; IDEAL Foundation; Horizons Unlimited Foundation; and the DeKalb County Community Mental Health Board. Additional organizational funders are welcome at any time. A DCCRF Advisory Committee, consisting of representatives of the funding partners as well as other key stakeholders, has been established to guide the ongoing efforts of the DCCRF as long as it is needed to be in existence.