Community Needs Grants
Through the Community Needs Grants program, the DeKalb County Community Foundation supports the charitable needs and efforts of nonprofit and public sector organizations throughout DeKalb County, Illinois.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants requesting $20,000 or more must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by February 1 for the spring grant cycle or August 1 for the fall grant cycle. Applications of $20,000 or more that have not been vetted with the Community Foundation through this LOI and follow-up conversation by February 1 or August 1 will not be accepted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-748-5383 with questions or to discuss your project.
Applying for a Community Needs Grant
- All applicants should review the Community Needs Grant guidelines prior to applying.
- Funding preference is given to 501(c)3 organizations.
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 1 or September 1.
- Applications are accepted online for two months immediately prior to the March 1 and September 1 deadlines.
- Applicants requesting $20,000 or more must submit a Letter of Intent by February 1 for the spring grant cycle or August 1 for the fall grant cycle.
Staff is available year-round to answer questions, discuss project ideas, and assist applicants. Please contact us at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.
Nondiscrimination Policy - Grantmaking
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the Community Foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the Community Foundation.
- Spring 2022 - $156,455 awarded in support
- Fall 2021 - $150,378 awarded in support
- Spring 2021 - $90,930 awarded in support
- Fall 2020 - $125,617 awarded in support
- Spring 2020 - $125,619 awarded in support
- Fall 2019 - $150,360 awarded in support
- Spring 2019 - $123,432 awarded in support
- Additional grant distributions - Community Needs Grants