Thank you for your interest in joining Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP). We are excited for another fruitful year of youth philanthropy in our community.
Those new to YEP are highly encourage to attend a Meet & Greet. The Meet & Greet events are a fun and easy way to learn more about the YEP committee prior to applying for membership. To help with better diversity among high schools in DeKalb County, the Meet & Greet events are targeted to specific towns to aid in recruitment from those schools.
ALL youth interested in becoming a YEP member MUST complete an annual application and commitment form. All applicants are notified of membership status prior to the September meeting. To reflect our desire to be a DeKalb County youth committee, membership is capped per high school. Once those spots fill, additional applications from that school are added to a waiting list. All applicants are notified by email of membership status. Membership application deadline is early September. Thank you for your interest and for understanding!
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for YEP membership open July/August each year and close in early September. If you have questions, please contact Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
YEP Committee Member Eligibility and Expectations
- Current resident of DeKalb County or enrolled in a high school within DeKalb County
- Between ages 14 – 18 years old and enrolled in high school as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to benefit youth in the community
- Check text and e-mail for YEP announcements and respond when needed
- Be a responsible caretaker of the grant money distributed for youth in our community
- Form opinions objectively and without bias so that decisions made reflect the community’s best interest
- Commit to the mission, purpose, and goals of the Community Foundation and YEP
- Serve as a positive representative of YEP in the community
- Committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members
Meeting and Event Expectations
- Attend at least 7 of the 9 regular monthly meetings from September through May
- Dedicate at least 2 – 4 hours per month to YEP meetings and activities
- Attend one or more volunteer event opportunities
- Attend at least one site visit to a potential grantee organization
- Notify the YEP staff advisor or a member of the YEP Executive Committee when unable to attend a meeting or event
- Keep meeting discussions confidential and not take decisions and discussions personally
For questions, please contact YEP Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.
"I have gained so many valuable experiences throughout YEP. I’ve met my best friends, been able to enhance my leadership, and have been offered extensive volunteer opportunities."
YEP Alum Takeaways
As our high school members graduate, they become YEP alum. So who are the YEP alum and where are they today? Are they working in a nonprofit organization? Are they making a positive impact in their community? We sure hope so! Be sure to explore the alumni updates below to find out. Visit the YEP Alum page to see more.