Thank you for your interest in joining Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP). We are excited for another impactful year of youth philanthropy in DeKalb County.
Those new to YEP are encouraged to watch the "Year in Review" video from the previous year. The video provides a brief snapshot and highlights the fun and philanthropy members can expect.
All high school students interested in membership (new and returning) must complete an annual membership application. Please note that membership is capped per high school to reflect our desire to be a DeKalb County youth committee. Applications beyond the school membership cap go on a waiting list. All applicants are notified of their status after the September 1 deadline. Thank you for your interest and understanding!
Applications for YEP membership open July 1 each year and close September 1. If you have questions, please contact Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YEP Committee Member Eligibility and Expectations
- Current resident of DeKalb County or enrolled in a high school within DeKalb County
- Between ages 14 – 18 years old and enrolled in high school as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to benefit youth in the community
- Check text and e-mail for YEP announcements and respond when needed
- Be a responsible caretaker of the grant money distributed to impact youth in our community
- Form opinions objectively and without bias so that decisions made reflect the community’s best interest
- Commit to the mission, purpose, and goals of the Community Foundation and YEP
- Serve as a positive representative of YEP in the community
- Committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members
Meeting and Event Expectations
- Attend at least 7 of the 9 regular monthly meetings from September through May
- Attend at least one group site visit to a potential grantee organization
- Attend one or more volunteer event opportunities
- Notify the YEP staff advisor or a member of the YEP Executive Committee when unable to attend a meeting or event
- Keep meeting discussions confidential, and do not take decisions and discussions personally
For questions, please contact YEP Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.
“YEP taught me so much about philanthropy and giving to others in my community, which is something I find very important. I gained a lot of confidence in leadership and connecting with others over youth issues. I’m glad I was able to be a part of YEP this year.”
YEP Alum Takeaways
As our high school members graduate, they become YEP alum. So who are the YEP alum and where are they today? Are they working in a nonprofit organization? Are they making a positive impact in their community? We sure hope so! Be sure to explore the alumni updates below to find out. Visit the YEP Alum page to learn more.
YEP is youth-led, free, and open to all high school students in DeKalb County, IL. YEP builds leadership, communication, social, & analytical skills.