- RETURNING Member -
are currently closed!
- NEW Member -
are currently closed!
PLEASE NOTE: As we enter the 2020-2021 year of YEP, we face a challenge with COVID-19. We desire to provide a safe and high quality opportunity for local high school students to be a part of. The health and safety of our members is the highest priority. YEP will look and feel a little different this year. As of August 2020, we will proceed following the guidelines and format in our 2020-2021 Return to YEP Plan.
Thank you for your interest in joining Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP). We are excited for another fruitful year of youth philanthropy in our community.
Those new to YEP are highly encourage to attend the August Meet & Greet. The Meet & Greet is a fun and easy way to learn more about the YEP committee prior to applying for membership. High school youth with a desire to make a positive impact in DeKalb County should consider attending. Returning members are highly encouraged to attend and bring a friend. The event is FREE. RSVP is not required to attend, but greatly appreciated.
ALL youth interested in becoming a YEP member MUST complete an annual application and commitment form. All applicants will be notified of membership status prior to the September meeting. To reflect our desire to be a DeKalb County youth committee, membership will be capped per high school. Once those spots fill, additional applications from that school are added to a waiting list. All applicants will be notified by email of membership status. Membership application deadline is Friday, September 4, 2020. Thank you for your interest and for understanding!
YEP Committee Member Requirements and Expectations
- Current resident of DeKalb County or enrolled in a high school within DeKalb County
- Between ages 14 – 18 years old and enrolled in high school as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to benefit youth in the community
- Check e-mail at least once per week for YEP announcements and respond when required
- Be a responsible steward of the money allocated for youth in our community
- Excited to work with a diverse cross-section of young people from across DeKalb County
- Form opinions objectively and without bias so that decisions made reflect the community’s best interest
- Commit him or herself to the mission, purpose, and goals of the Foundation and YEP
- Serve as a positive representative of YEP to Foundation colleagues, fellow YEP members, and community members
- Committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members
Meeting and Event Expectations
- Attend at least 7 of the 9 regular monthly meetings from September through May
- Dedicate at least 2 – 4 hours per month to YEP meetings and activities
- Attend one or more volunteer outreach opportunities
- Attend at least one site visit to a potential grantee organization
- Notify Foundation staff or a member of the YEP Executive Committee unable to attend a meeting or event
- Keep meeting discussions confidential and not take decisions and discussions personally
For questions, please contact YEP Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“YEP has been a great opportunity to increase my community awareness and become more in tune with the needs and issues of my peers. Being a student-led organization showed me how important youth are and gave me the freedom to develop my leadership skills and take pride in serving. I know I’m well-equipped to impact any community I’m involved in!” - Madeleine Vinz Sycamore High School (Class of 2019)
All DeKalb County High School students are invited to join YEP and discover how to make a difference in the community!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.