Thank you for your interest in joining Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP). We are excited for another fruitful year of youth philanthropy in our community.
Those new to YEP are highly encourage to attend a Meet & Greet. The Meet & Greet events are a fun and easy way to learn more about the YEP committee prior to applying for membership. Returning members are highly encouraged to attend and bring a friend. To help with better diversity among high schools in DeKalb County, the Meet & Greet events are targeted to specific towns to aid in recruitment from those schools.
ALL youth interested in becoming a YEP member MUST complete an annual application and commitment form. All applicants will be notified of membership status prior to the September meeting. To reflect our desire to be a DeKalb County youth committee, membership will be capped per high school. Once those spots fill, additional applications from that school are added to a waiting list. All applicants will be notified by email of membership status. Membership application deadline is early September. Thank you for your interest and for understanding!
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for YEP membership open on August 1 each year and close in early September. If you have questions, please contact Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
YEP Committee Member Requirements and Expectations
- Current resident of DeKalb County or enrolled in a high school within DeKalb County
- Between ages 14 – 18 years old and enrolled in high school as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to benefit youth in the community
- Check e-mail at least once per week for YEP announcements and respond when required
- Be a responsible steward of the money allocated for youth in our community
- Excited to work with a diverse cross-section of young people from across DeKalb County
- Form opinions objectively and without bias so that decisions made reflect the community’s best interest
- Commit him or herself to the mission, purpose, and goals of the Foundation and YEP
- Serve as a positive representative of YEP to Foundation colleagues, fellow YEP members, and community members
- Committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members
Meeting and Event Expectations
- Attend at least 7 of the 9 regular monthly meetings from September through May
- Dedicate at least 2 – 4 hours per month to YEP meetings and activities
- Attend one or more volunteer outreach opportunities
- Attend at least one site visit to a potential grantee organization
- Notify Foundation staff or a member of the YEP Executive Committee unable to attend a meeting or event
- Keep meeting discussions confidential and not take decisions and discussions personally
For questions, please contact YEP Staff Advisor Noah Nordbrock at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.
“I am very grateful for the connections and knowledge that YEP has given me about the nonprofit sector, and also just how important and valuable they are to our community. The work they do is incredible, and being able to help fund projects by those nonprofits to better our community has been a very rewarding experience that I will take with me as I go out into the world.”
YEP Alumni Takeaways
So who are the YEP alumni and where are they today? Are they working in the nonprofit sector? Are they continuing their pursuit of knowledge? Are they making an impact for the betterment of their community? We sure hope so! Be sure to explore the alumni updates below to find out. Visit the YEP Alumni page to see more.