DeKalb County Community Foundation Strategic Plan 2018-2021:
Goals and Objectives
Area: Endowments & Donor Services
Goal: Increase the amount of charitable giving occurring in partnership with the Foundation.
Objectives: Controlling for investment performance impact and estate gifts received, increase revenue growth as measured by the following:
- Community Impact Funds – Realize a minimum 3% year over year increase in annual contributions to Community Impact Funds
- Planned/Estate Gifts – Realize at least 3 new ‘expected’ gifts per year
- Total Contributions – Realize a minimum 5% year over year increase in annual contributions (evaluate with/without including pass thru donations)
Goal: Strengthen the Foundation’s capacity to meet the growing charitable needs of the community.
Objective: Increase the engagement of fund donors, beneficiary organizations, and Board members as measured by the following:
- Fund Donors – Realize a minimum 5% year over year increase in annual contributions to existing Funds
- Beneficiary Organizations – Support at least 3 new beneficiary organizations in increasing their awareness and/or promotion of ‘their Fund at the Foundation’ annually
- Board Members – Minimum 75% attendance to meetings, 100% of members make a donation to the Foundation, a minimum of ‘good’ results of the annual Board Self-Assessment, thoughtful contributions in committee and board meetings, and connecting the Foundation with people in their circles of influence
Goal: Maximize the impact of grant outcomes.
Objective: Develop internal and external key performance indicators for each grant program of the Foundation.
Area: Community Initiatives
Goal: Use the Foundation’s resources to positively impact identified challenges facing DeKalb County.
Objective: Develop internal and external key performance indicators for each community initiative of the Foundation.