Opportunities at the Foundation
If you're on this page that means you have an interest in joining our team, so thank you for your interest in serving DeKalb County.
At the DeKalb County Community Foundation, we are a small team of professionals who love our community and love what we do. Who we are and what we represent are clearly defined in our mission, vision, and core values. As our team continues to grow, so does our reach and ability to better serve the community that we live in.
About the Community Foundation
Since 1993 the DeKalb County Community Foundation has successfully partnered with philanthropists to benefit organizations and communities throughout DeKalb County. Managing over $60 million in charitable assets and distributing over $3.5 million a year in grants and scholarships, we connect people who care with causes that matter and strive to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. The Foundation operates out of the historic Sycamore Train Depot, employs 8 full-time and 4 part-time staff, and is governed by 18 volunteer Board members fulfilling its mission.
Nondiscrimination Policy - Employment
The DeKalb County Community Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
The DeKalb County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
In appreciation to Foundation staff member Ben Bingle, who has served in a dual role as Grants Director AND DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) Director in an interim capacity since October 2021, the Foundation has an immediate need for an energetic individual to fill the following full-time position:
- Grants Director -
Is this for you?
You have loved working in a leadership position in the nonprofit or government sector for at least the last ten years. During this time, you have supported volunteer boards and have a clear understanding of how nonprofits operate. You are a strategic thinker yet have the ability to execute even small tasks and details. You are very procedure-oriented, task focused, and enjoy predictable timelines for projects as well as the satisfaction of ‘closure’ on completing various transactions. You are a respectful and respected professional and you love the idea of helping the Foundation maximize the impact of its grantmaking. If this describes you, then you may be interested in applying for our Grants Director position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grants Director is responsible for the coordination as well as the efficient and effective delivery of the Foundation’s donor-directed grantmaking (e.g., Agency, Designated, Donor Advised, Pass Through, and Scholarship Fund distributions) and Board-directed responsive grant programs (e.g., Community Needs Grants and Promise Grants). The preferred candidate will have familiarity with DeKalb County and experience supervising and supporting people who report to them. Previous project management experience, excellent communication and computer skills are required.
- Grants Director base salary range: $75,000 - $77,500/year depending on experience.
- Grants Director benefits include: Paid time off, up to 3% company matched retirement contributions, and a very rewarding work experience. Please note that the Foundation does not provide or sponsor a health insurance plan for employees or their dependents. However, the Foundation does offer alternate compensation (currently $8,800/yr.) to eligible full-time regular employees in lieu of providing a health insurance plan. This benefit is effective upon hiring, prorated, available without restriction to all eligible employees, and is given as additional salary/wages (taxable income) to employees above their base salary.
How To Apply
To apply, e-mail a formal cover letter and resume to:
- Grants Director Hiring Committee
- DeKalb County Community Foundation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions without a formal cover letter are not considered. Applications are accepted through 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 15, 2022. No phone inquiries please.