Opportunities at the Foundation
If you're on this page that means you have an interest in joining our team, so thank you for your interest in serving DeKalb County.
At the DeKalb County Community Foundation we are a small team of professionals who love our community and love what we do. Who we are and what we represent are clearly defined in our mission, vision, and core values. As our team continues to grow, so does our reach and ability to better serve the community that we live in.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Since 1993 the DeKalb County Community Foundation has successfully partnered with philanthropists to benefit organizations and communities throughout DeKalb County. Managing over $65 million in charitable assets and distributing over $3 million a year in grants and scholarships, we connect people who care with causes that matter and strive to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. The Foundation operates out of the historic Sycamore Train Depot, employs 8 full-time and 1 part-time staff, and is governed by 19 volunteer Board members fulfilling its mission.
At this time, we have an immediate need for an energetic individual to fill the following full-time position:
You love spreadsheets, balanced financial reconciliations, and are very detail-oriented. You are thrilled at the thought of combining your financial savvy with the social impact sector by working for a foundation. You also enjoy working with others to create efficient and effective transactions. You are or have worked as a CPA and are familiar with advanced financial management. You have loved working in a leadership position in your organization for the last seven years. You relate extremely well with various stakeholders. If this describes you, then you may be interested in applying for our Finance Director position.
- Base salary range: $75,000 - $80,000/year depending on experience.
- Benefits include: Paid time off, company matched retirement contributions, and a very rewarding work experience. Please note that the Foundation does not provide or sponsor a health insurance plan for employees or their dependents. However, the Foundation does offer alternate compensation to eligible full-time regular employees in lieu of a health insurance plan. This benefit is effective upon hiring (and prorated), available without restriction to all eligible employees, and is given as additional salary/wages (taxable income) to employees above their base salary.
How to Apply:
To apply, please e-mail a formal cover letter and resume to:
- Finance Director Hiring Committee - DeKalb County Community Foundation
- Email: email@example.com
- Submissions without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
- Applications accepted through 5:00p.m., Friday, July 9, 2021.
- No phone inquiries please.
Nondiscrimination Policy - Employment
The DeKalb County Community Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.