Get to Know Our Staff – Noah NordbrockDecember 6, 2022
Five Questions About Qualified Charitable Distributions – December 2022 EPAC CORNERDecember 12, 2022
Projects supporting underserved populations in DeKalb County received a boost through the Promise Grant – Subvencion de Promesa program offered by the DeKalb County Community Foundation. The Promise Grant Committee reviewed grant applications and allocated $9,522 to five local organizations.
“The generous grant to the Free Store at Hinckley-Big Rock High School impacts high school students and their families by allowing them to obtain needed school supplies, personal hygiene products, healthy snacks, and even grocery basics,” said Hinckley Area Food Pantry Vice President Sally Thomson. “This support enables us to fulfill our longtime goal of reaching food-insecure families in our communities and ensuring no children go hungry. We are extremely grateful!”
Promise Grants Awarded:
- Barb City Manor Retirement Home – $5,000 to provide housing assistance for seniors
- DeKalb County Community Gardens – $1,270 to provide horticultural education in multiple languages
- Farmworker and Landscaper Advocacy Project – $1,500 to provide eviction prevention education to immigrants
- Hinckley Area Food Pantry – $1,265 to provide food and supplies to low-income teenagers
- Neighbors’ House – $487 to supply board games and learning activities for after-school groups
“This grant enables Neighbors’ House to purchase a large collection of new games and activities for a Kids Club program,” said Neighbors’ House Executive Director Anna Scott. “We are excited, and we know our students will be even more excited when we show up with brand new games and activities for them.”
The Community Foundation is committed to practicing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in fulfilling its mission and services. One of several grantmaking programs at the Community Foundation, the Promise Grant – Subvencion de Promesa program receives support from The Promise Fund – El Fondo de la Promesa and the Howard and Mildred Eychaner Fund. Donations to these or any Fund at the Community Foundation can be made online, or by mail to the DeKalb County Community Foundation, 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178. For questions or additional information, please contact email@example.com.