At the DeKalb County Community Foundation, we are a small team of professionals who love our community and love what we do. Who we are and what we do is clearly defined in our mission, vision, and core commitments. Since 1993, the Community Foundation has seen an increase in Fund impact and assets, resulting in expanded services. We are excited to begin another period of growth as we announce upcoming staffing changes and open positions.
- In early October 2021, we hired Kay Riley as our new Finance Director. Kay is a Certified Public Accountant and brings over 30 years of experience in the finance field. Her responsibilities include maintaining the financial integrity of the Foundation by ensuring the accurate and timely accounting of finances and investments.
- Current DCNP Director Ben Bingle is taking on leadership in grantmaking as well. With a new title of Grants & DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) Director, Ben will oversee a number of Foundation grant programs, scholarships, and the DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership. Ben brings five years of Community Foundation experience and 19 years of nonprofit experience into his new role.
- Marc Hooks, Grants & Community Initiatives Manager, will transition into a more focused Grants Manager role. His responsibilities will shift to Foundation grants and distributions, with a few weekly hours spent on the Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP) program. Marc joined the Foundation in 2018.
- Barb King will vacate her role as Administrative Manager in January of 2022 and move into a part-time role as a Database and Special Projects Manager for the Foundation. Her focus will shift to organizing, managing, and reporting from the Foundation’s database. Barb joined the Foundation in 2013. She brings years of database management experience into her new role.
The recent staffing changes have created career opportunities at the Foundation. We are currently seeking qualified professionals for the following full-time positions:
- Administrative Assistant
- DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) Manager
Interested applicants are encouraged to review posted job descriptions, including salary and benefits. Submissions must include a formal cover letter sent to email@example.com. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19, for both positions.
View job descriptions, including salary and benefits >
The DeKalb County Community Foundation follows an equal opportunity employment policy. The Community Foundation employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, marital or parental status, political affiliation, or any other improper criterion. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.