Thank You Betsy Hull!June 10, 2021
Applications Open for Fall 2021 Community Foundation GrantsJuly 9, 2021
The DeKalb County Community Foundation is happy to announce that $115,010 was recently awarded in spring Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund Grants. Funding benefited 21 nonprofits and public sector direct service organizations across the greater Chicagoland area for music education.
“During this last year, support for arts & culture nonprofits has decreased significantly,” said Community Foundation Grants Director Tiffany McQueen Lewis. “We are thrilled to provide grants to these organizations so that music education can continue on throughout this pandemic and beyond.”
Spring 2021 Grant Recipients:
DeKalb County, IL:
- Cor Cantiamo – $6,000
- Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra – $7,500
- NIU College of Visual and Performing Arts – $5,000
Greater Chicagoland Area:
- Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education – $7,500
- Chicago Human Rhythm Project – $5,000
- Chicago Jazz Philharmonic – $5,000
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras – $5,000
- Child’s Voice – $1,500
- Community School of the Arts (Wheaton College) – $5,000
- Elgin Master Chorale, Inc. – $4,510
- Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra Inc. – $3,000
- Fifth House Ensemble – $5,000
- Holy Family Ministries – $5,000
- Lawrence Hall Youth Services – $6,000
- Little Kids Rock – $7,500
- Music of the Baroque – $7,500
- Orion Ensemble – $4,000
- People’s Music School – $5,000
- Special Gifts Theater – $5,000
- Suzuki-Orff School of Music – $5,000
- VanderCook College of Music – $10,000
The Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund Grant is one of several grantmaking programs at the Community Foundation. Funding is possible through a Donor Advised Fund established by the Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation in 2012.
Grant applications are due by midnight on March 1 and September 1 of each year. Funding support is determined by criteria met and the amount requested. Preference to 501(c)3 organizations is given.
Donate to any Fund at the Community Foundation, including the Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund online or by mail to the DeKalb County Community Foundation, 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178.
For application questions or to learn more about grantmaking opportunities, please contact Grants Director Tiffany McQueen Lewis, at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.