Website Once-Over Demonstrates Partnership Between NIU and Local NonprofitsFebruary 11, 2021
Foundation Announces New Application Process With 75+ Scholarships AvailableFebruary 17, 2021
Your Community Foundation is committed to its mission to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. We are monitoring the great work that is already being done in response to COVID-19 and are positioning ourselves to provide support in the coming months where it is needed most. We care deeply about this community and will do all we can to take precautions, contribute to preparedness, and respond to rising needs.
As actions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 continue to be enacted, we are taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees and the public. In observance of the current COVID-19 precautions, we will move forward with the following:
- The Foundation office (Depot) is closed to the public for the foreseeable future.
- Staff are working remotely during our regular office hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Staff are available by phone and email. Please note that our phone system is tied to our email. Feel free to leave a voicemail for any staff person by calling 815-748-5383. They will receive notification of your message and will respond in a timely manner.
- Staff are available to meet by appointment.
- We have postponed taking Freight Room event reservations indefinitely.
- We will announce the re-opening of our office to the public at the appropriate time.
Lastly, we anticipate that the effects of COVID-19 will be significant on our community—particularly for our most vulnerable residents and area nonprofit organizations. Therefore, please continue to give generously to our local nonprofits so that they have the resources necessary to respond OR consider making a donation to the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time of national concern and encourage you to take all appropriate precautions to protect your health and well-being and that of our community.
COVID-19 Health Resources and Assistance
- Restore Illinois Plan
- DeKalb County Health Department: COVID-19
- Northwestern Medicine COVID-19
- CDC Corona Virus COVID-19
- Handwashing Health Promotion Materials
- Coughing and Sneezing Hygiene Etiquette
Nonprofit Organization Resources