Eligible Nonprofits Encouraged to Register for Give DeKalb CountyFebruary 2, 2021
Applications Open for Fourth Round of DeKalb County COVID-19 Response GrantsFebruary 2, 2021
The DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund advisory committee is pleased to announce that a total of $46,000 was recently awarded to seven organizations during the final stretch of round 3 DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants. This third round of grantmaking opened in late October 2020 and closed in late January 2021. Total grantmaking for round 3 was $112,245 to 25 organizations.
Over the last month, the following grants were awarded:
- Children’s Home + Aid – $5,000 for Healthy Families Illinois and Doula programs
- Children’s Learning Center Inc. – $4,500 for outdoor protection while waiting to be screened
- CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocate – $5,000 to assist with effective advocacy for CASA children during COVID-19
- Equine Dreams – $2,500 to provide therapy horse care for FREE Therapeutic Riding Center
- Neighbors’ House – $4,000 to the Neighbors’ House COVID Response Fund
- Opportunity House, Inc. – $20,000 for workforce development
- Walcamp Outdoor Ministries – $5,000 for continuation of the remote e3-eLearning program
For questions related to COVID-19 Response Grants, please contact Tiffany McQueen Lewis, Community Foundation Grants Director, at email@example.com or 815-748-5383.
The COVID-19 Response Grant program was designed to support the rising needs in DeKalb County during the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding for this grant program is made possible by ongoing donations to the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund. Since April 2020, the Fund has distributed over $335,065 in assistance to organizations serving DeKalb County. Thank you to the many generous donors who have contributed!
For questions related to the DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Fund or advisory committee, please contact Dan Templin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-748-5383.
Pictured above: (Photo 1) DeKalb County COVID-19 Response Grants to Westminster Presbyterian Church in DeKalb support their ongoing Mobile Food Pantries. Since March 2020, they have provided 40 food distribution events. (Photo 2) Through ongoing community support including funding from the COVID-19 Response Grant program, the Barb Food Mart in DeKalb works to address food needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo 3) Diaper distributions continue throughout DeKalb County thanks to the efforts and coordination of Basics DeKalb County and the Friends of the DeKalb Regional Office of Education. Distributions are supported through a variety of donations and funding including COVID-19 Response Grants.