The DeKalb County Community Foundation is pleased to report that $149,300 in fall Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund Grants benefited a total of 31 nonprofit and public sector direct service organizations across the greater Chicagoland area for music education.
“Many of our grant recipients are unable to function as planned at this time,” said George Buck, Advisory Committee Chair for the Wurlitzer Foundation Fund. “Similar to the spring cycle, we adjusted to the fall grant cycle to support a great deal of general operating support to aid in sustainability for these organizations.”
Fall 2020 Grant Recipients:
A recent Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund Grant to the DeKalb CUSD #428 enabled the purchase of this beautiful and well-known Wurlitzer concert harp for students in the music program to enjoy and play.
DeKalb County, IL:
- DeKalb CUSD #428 High School Music Department – $7,000
- Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra – $3,750
- Preservation of Egyptian Theatre, Inc. – $30,000
Greater Chicagoland Area:
- BandWith Music Ltd – $2,500
- Center for Enriched Living – $2,000
- Changing Worlds – $6,000
- Chicago Arts and Music Project – $5,000
- Chicago Danztheatre Ensemble – $1,000
- Chicago Philharmonic Society – $5,000
- Chicagoland Lutheran Educational Foundation – $2,000
- Children’s Community Theatre – $2,000
- Christ the King Lutheran Church and School – $4,000
- Classical Kids Music education – $12,000
- Distinctive Schools – $1,000
- Fulcrum Point New Music Project – $6,000
- Glenwood Academy – $3,500
- Grace Christian Academy – $4,800
- Intonation Music – $5,000
- Lawrence Hall Youth Services – $3,000
- Marengo-Union Elementary CUSD #165 – $2,000
- Maywood Fine Arts Association – $2,000
- Midwest Young Artists – $3,000
- Music of the Baroque – $1,500
- Musical Arts Institute – $10,000
- Orion Ensemble – $1,750
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra – $5,000
- Snow City Arts Foundation – $7,500
- Special Gifts Theater – $2,500
- Spirito! Singers – $2,500
- Walther Christian Academy – $3,000
- Young Naperville Singers – $3,000
Farny R. Wurlitzer
The Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund Grant is one of several grantmaking programs at the Community Foundation. Funding is possible through a Donor Advised Fund established by the Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation in 2012.
Grant applications are due by midnight on March 1 and September 1 of each year. Funding support is determined by criteria met and the amount requested. Preference to 501(c)3 organizations is given.
Donate to any Fund at the Community Foundation, including the Farny R. Wurlitzer Foundation Fund online or by mail to the DeKalb County Community Foundation, 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178.
For application questions or to learn more about grantmaking opportunities, please contact Grants Director Tiffany McQueen Lewis, at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.