Your Community Foundation is committed to its mission to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County. We are monitoring the great work that is already being done in response to COVID-19 and are positioning ourselves to provide support in the coming weeks where it is needed most. We care deeply about this community and will do all we can to take precautions, contribute to preparedness, and respond to rising needs.
As actions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 continue to be enacted, we are taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees and constituents. The following precautions are effective immediately and will take place through Thursday, April 30:
- All Foundation events are cancelled or postponed (3/18-4/30). This includes outside groups with meetings scheduled at the Foundation office and/or The Freight Room.
- We have postponed taking new Freight Room event reservations through the end of April.
- The Foundation office is closed and staff are working remotely during our regular office hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Staff are available by phone and email. Please note that our phone system is tied to our email. Feel free to leave a voicemail for any staff person by calling 815-748-5383. They will receive notification of your message and will respond in a timely manner.
- Staff are restricted from attending external (physical) group meetings, but are well equipped for virtual meetings as needed.
- Meeting schedules and the re-opening of our office beyond April 7 will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Updates will be provided on our website, dekalbccf.org.
Lastly, we anticipate that the effects of COVID-19 will be significant on our community—particularly for our most vulnerable residents and area nonprofit organizations. Therefore, please continue to give generously to our local nonprofits so that they have the resources necessary to respond.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns at 815-748-5383. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time of national concern and encourage you to take all appropriate precautions to protect your health and well-being and that of our community.
COVID-19 Health Resources and Assistance
Nonprofit Organization Resources