$120,800 in Music Education Grants DistributedJanuary 14, 2020
Thank You Kevin McArtor!January 14, 2020
Eligible high school students are encouraged to apply for scholarships administered through the DeKalb County Community Foundation. The following scholarships are accepting online applications through March 27, 2020. Applications are currently available at dekalbccf.org/scholarships.
- The CHS Elburn Scholarship is available for high school graduates and current undergraduate students at an accredited college or university. Applicants must be a family member of an eligible CHS Elburn customer or a family member of a CHS Elburn employee.
- The Palmer Family Music Education Scholarship supports DeKalb County high school graduates pursuing a career in music or music education.
- The Donald and Patricia Pritchard Scholarship benefits a high school senior who is a resident of DeKalb County with plans to attend the University of Illinois in Champaign/Urbana and intends to major in an agriculture related field.
- The Jeffrey A. Trail Memorial Scholarship provides an initial monetary award every year to a recent high school graduate from DeKalb County who is in the first year at one of the five U.S. service academies and who has been chosen from among that year’s applicants. The selected student will receive an additional stipend each year that he or she continues at the academy.
- The Harold P. Wells Scholarship provides support for educational expenses including college tuition, fire courses, educational short courses, conferences and summer camps. Eligible applicants are DeKalb Fire Department employees, family members of employees, and graduates of the Kishwaukee Education Consortium’s Fire Science Program.
To date, over 70 scholarship funds exist at the Community Foundation. The majority of these scholarships are administered by local high schools. Please contact a school counselor at a local high school for specific information and availability.
For questions or additional information on scholarships, please contact Grants Director Tiffany McQueen Lewis at 815-748-5383 or email@example.com.
Learn more about scholarships at the Community Foundation.