This year we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary as a Community Foundation. Over the next few months we have planned a number of activities to Celebrate, Thank, and Give back to the community. To assist with the cost of these activities and events, we are seeking a few one-time 25th Anniversary Annual Sponsors to provide support.
Charlie and Mary Roberts’ vision to create the Foundation as a catalyst to grow philanthropy in DeKalb County has surpassed many expectations – having distributed over $25 million in grants and managing over $50 million in local charitable assets – all from their lead gift of $3.6 million.
25th Anniversary Annual Sponsor
- A minimum $2,500 donation
- Our goal is to receive at least 10 one-time annual sponsors
Sponsors will be supporting, in part, the following 25th Anniversary Activities and Events:
- Stories of Generosity – a partnership with WNIJ/NPR to record people throughout the County describing their experiences with generosity
- Celebration Grants – $2,500 grant (DCCF Grant dollars) to 15 communities throughout DeKalb County – the beneficiary organization will be voted on by local residents within each community
- Light Show – Saturday, May 19 – NIU Time Arts presentation in The Freight Room and on the Depot exterior
- Multi-Chamber After Hours – Held at the Depot in late July/early August
- Sycamore Pumpkin Fest – A special display on the DeKalb County Courthouse lawn and other festivities!
- YEP – 10th Anniversary – Community Foundation Week – Our YEP youth will be celebrating their 10th year and will take the lead to highlight CF week (11/12-11/18)
- Celebration Dinner – 11/15/18 – A very special dinner for donors, past board members, and other supporters
- 25th Anniversary Video – To be debuted at the Celebration Dinner and highlighting key parts of the Community Foundation story
- Special 25th Anniversary Annual Report – Our 2018 Report (printed in 2019) will have a unique look and document the many ways we Celebrate, Thank, and Give back this year!
- Name/Logo on the home page of the Community Foundation website
- Recognition in printed materials and announcements coinciding with the activities and events listed above
- Social media mentions (via the Community Foundation Facebook page)
- Knowing you have helped the Community Foundation mark this special occasion!
Our entire Board and staff will be actively engaged in these various activities throughout the year. Thank you for considering partnering with us in this very special way to honor the past, celebrate well, and build momentum for an even more exciting next 25 years of community philanthropy! If interested in this one-time sponsorship opportunity, please contact Executive Director Dan Templin at 815-748-5383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thank you to our 25th Anniversary Annual Sponsors!
Thank you for your support during this year of celebration and thank you for partnering with us in this very special way to honor the past, celebrate well, and build momentum for an even more exciting next 25 years of community philanthropy!
Annual Sponsors to date: