Educators Recognized for Excellent Work in DeKalb CountyMarch 15, 2017
Fund Dedicates Support to Malta CommunityMarch 28, 2017
In recent years, do-it-yourself (“DIY”) has gained popularity emerging in many fields including tax preparation and estate planning. While DIY for many fields may prove to be a good idea, what about DIY Estate Planning? With clear and reliable instruction, most people can create important estate planning documents on their own.
Join us on Thursday, April 27 as the DeKalb County Estate Planning Council presents DIY Estate Planning – Do’s and Don’ts, one of many programs offered during Money Smart Week. During this program, DeKalb County Estate Planning professionals will discuss several key topics related to self-prepared estate plans and offer general guidance and recommendations to avoid critical mistakes in preparing your own estate plan.
- The Cast and Crew of Estate Planning – Executors, Trustees, Agents, Administrators – Who does what? – Jim Dombeck from Resource Bank
- Powers of Attorney – Chuck Rose of Rose Law
- Beneficiary Designations – Jill Tritt of Foster, Buick, Conklin, Lundgren & Tritt, LLC
- Title to Your Home – Joint Tenancy, Tenancy by Entirety, TODI – Matt Brown of Brown Law Group, LLC
- Legal Zoom – Risks of Self-Prepared Wills – Jeff Lewis of Klein, Stoddard, Buck & Lewis, LLC
- Charitable Giving – Donor Advised Funds – Karen Daleo of First Midwest Bank
The program will conclude with breakout sessions for attendees’ questions to be answered by the presenters.
DIY Estate Planning Do’s and Don’ts
Thursday, April 27, 2017
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
The Freight Room
DeKalb County Community Foundation – 475 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore
RSVP for this FREE program to Barb King, DeKalb County Community Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-748-5383.
The DeKalb County Estate Planning Council is a network of estate planning professionals serving DeKalb County. Established in 1981, the DeKalb County Estate Planning Council’s membership is comprised of attorneys, accountants, life insurance underwriters, trust officers, and others in the field of estate planning.
Matthew L. Brown, Co-Chair
Brown Law Group, LLC
815-756-6328 or email@example.com
Jill M. Tritt, Co-Chair
Foster & Buick Law Group, LLC
815-758-6616 or firstname.lastname@example.org