Welcome to Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP)!
Youth Engaged in Philanthropy (YEP) begins its ninth year as a Community Foundation initiative in the fall of 2017. High school youth from across DeKalb County participate in monthly meetings, leadership activities, and volunteer outreach events to understand the need for philanthropy in DeKalb County. The youth are familiarized with the nonprofit sector and introduced to grantmaking. Through youth led meetings, the YEP committee learns to analyze grant applications, conduct site visits, and identify the potential impact on other youth in DeKalb County. YEP grants support projects and programs that benefit youth in DeKalb County.
Upcoming meetings/events include:
- YEP Member Meeting - Tuesday, February 13 - 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- YEP Member Meeting - Thursday, March 15 - 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Sign up for this YEP Outreach Event - Royal Children's Ball - Friday, March 16
- YEP Member Meeting - Sunday, April 8 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Sign up for this YEP Outreach Event - Great Western Trail Clean-Up - Saturday, April 21